My Favorite Muesli Recipe
Muesli is basically raw oats with some dried fruit, nuts or seeds added and topped with milk. You can easily soak this recipe overnight and have it ready to go in the am or just throw it together in the am. Its so simple to make and there are so many variations to try. Here is my current favorite recipe.
- 1 Cup rolled oats (I love bobs red mill)
- 1 TBS Chia seed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Small pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Maple Syrup to taste (I used 1/2 TBS)
- Top with milk of choice (I used rice milk) + splash of fresh orange juice.
- Add nuts + dried fruit of choice (I used 1 small mini pack of essential living foods Enlighten trail mix-bought at Costco) It has coconut flakes, dried mango, dried mulberries, cashews and pistachio
Mix all ingredients together in your favorite bowl and serve. I also love to use the wide mouth mason jars. Those are especially handy if you want to soak it overnight. Perfectfor busy mamas on the go.