We love baking cookies at our house. I call my husband a cookie monster because it’s by far his favorite treat. I can never bake them enough according to him. haha Well, I even have my limits, but I feel good about making these cookies because I am happy with the ingredients and I have lots of fun baking with my boys. They get so excited about it! I used sprouted spelt in this recipe for the nutritional profile of it. If you have never tried spelt before I highly recommend you get a small bag and give it a try. To find out more info about spelt go here. Try them out yourself and see how you like them! My family gives them a thumbs up so I’m happy about that! Hope you enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie’s World’s Healthiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe! Love her blog for healthy desserts!
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup Sprouted Spelt Flour (I Use This Kind) If you don’t have any sprouted spelt flour. Regular Spelt should work as well.
- 2 TBS Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 TBS Coconut Sugar (add an extra 2 tablespoons if you really have a sweet tooth)
- 1 TBS Hempseeds
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips ( I used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS Coconut Oil (pre-melted)
- 9 TBS Plant Based Milk of Choice (like coconut milk or rice milk)
Pre-heat oven to 375. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (first 7) and use a whisk to incorporate all ingredients together. Just mix it a few times. In another bowl combine wet ingredients. Add wet into dry and using a silicone spatula mix until just combined. Do not overmix. I love using a Cookie Scoop
to place cookies on your baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes and allow to cool a bit before eating because they will cook a bit more out of the stove. Can’t remember how many cookies this made, but at least 2 dozen small ones (using cookie scoop).