I was flipping through Parenting Magazine and saw these cute food kabobs and just had to share them with you. These little kabobs are perfect for snack time or even to throw in your child’s lunch box! I love that they coordinate a sauce with each kabob to make it fun for the kids. Even though I probably wouldn’t do some of the food combinations exactly as shown in the magazine, it made me think of some great ideas and came up with some combinations that maybe Nico would like. You can easily think of your child’s favorite foods to come up with your own fun deconstructed concoction on a stick! Older kids would love to help you put these together too!
A few Ideas I came up with for Nico:
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancake with strawberries and bananas. Dipped in raw honey.
- Sprouted Whole Grain tortilla with mini turkey patty and sweet potato fries. Dipped in garlic aioli.
- “Fruit Salad” with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, banana, kiwi, and grapes. Dipped in kefir/honey/coconut.
- Mini chicken meatball with spinach, apple and walnuts. Dipped in Lemon shallot dressing.
- Chicken with carrots & fingerling potatoes. Dipped in cultured butter with parsley.
- Egg with bacon and sweet potato hash dipped in Ketchup.
What ideas do you have?
Photo: Taken on my ipad via Parenting Magazine