We love chicken, so I have been looking for some new chicken recipes to switch things up in the kitchen. I found this recipe and we tweaked it a tiny bit to make it our very own. I love the tanginess the lemon brings to the bell pepper and chicken. Cook up a warm kale salad and some couscous, rice or quinoa and you have a great healthy dinner. Delicious!
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture to use for basting. Place chicken in the bowl, and marinate at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Drain and discard marinade from the bowl, and place chicken on the grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- All organic ingredients.
- No Dijon Mustard.
- Cook on the stove top on both sides until it’s seared then put in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes. I use these Le Creuset pans that go from stove top to oven.
- You can use coconut oil instead of the olive oil.
- I used chicken with the skin on.